Tuesday, August 20, 2013

6 Things On My Anti-Bucket List


 
I found this article very interesting. I am vice chair of an event in a couple weeks where the theme is What Is On Your Bucket List. As the article states, bucket lists have gotten a lot of attention in the past few years and I, like many others, thought about things I would like to experience before I die. Just so you know the top thing on my bucket list is simply to live. That means live my life every single day experiencing everything that day brings in a positive manner. The second thing on my bucket list and probably a bit more conventional thing is to see the Northern Lights. I love the sky and think that would be the ultimate in my book.

An anti-bucket list of things you will not do before you die really made me think. What would I put on that list? I suppose it doesn’t take as much thought as I imagined.
  • I won’t do any of the don’ts of the 10 commandments, or at least I will try my best not to.
  • I won’t ever again sacrifice who I am for anyone. That is a biggie because it damned near destroyed me once in my life.
  • I won’t ever betray a true friend.
  • I won’t ever have a closed mind.
  • I won’t ever allow my world to be small.
  • I won’t ever stop dreaming.
I could go on and on with this list because it really is easier for me to formulate this than a bucket list of to do’s.
 
What is on your anti-bucket list?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this list. I may make a list like this sometime. AMEN to never sacraficing who you are for anyone my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the anti-bucket list at least 100 times longer than the bucket list? I won't ever lick a horse's butthole.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.