Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Grace. It Can Be Enough.


All I can say is thank God there was no social media when I was a teen. I would shudder to think of what may be in cyber space about me if that had been the case. It is bad enough to know my friends from then have good memories.

We all make bad decisions in our lives and many times those bad decisions can stay with us for a lifetime. Sometimes I knowingly make bad decisions now and am willing to endure the consequences that brings. Teens don't have the maturity to comprehend that. I made plenty as a teen/early adult and I now know the life events and my reactions to those events led to my decision making. Thank God for that because my mature understanding has allowed me to forgive myself and move forward.

This blog post by a dear friend of mine this morning prompted me to write this. When I read her post it immediately brought to mind a couple people I know. One is a very young girl who is allowed to post provocative pictures of herself on social media. They wouldn't necessarily be provocative for someone of 30 but they surely are for someone so very young. I worry about her.

The second person who came to mind is a friend of mine who has made some of those questionable decisions because of her childhood and is still seeking love and acceptance. She is well over 30 but is still searching. I am trying to give her Grace.

I thank God for the Grace I was given and will give it back any chance I get.
I thank God for the friend who had the courage to write her post today and the Grace she gives to so many.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda I am VERY thankful that there was no social media when I was in high school LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.