Thursday, September 8, 2011

Being Single Costs Alot More Money

One of the biggest issues I have with this being single and dating thing is how much it costs. $$$
I have to get myself back in shape physically so you pay for a fitness center. More on the fitness center in another post so be on the lookout for that one! I guess I need to be doing that for myself instead of some hot 36 year old though, right?  It is a great ego boost to have someone that age hitting on me blatantly and then following up.  Sex is a cardio workout, right?  Not saying I had sex with the 36 year old, just asking a question. Remember I don’t kiss and tell anyway.
It also costs more money at the hair salon. My stylist thinks I look better and younger with highlights. I suppose gray roots highlighting my scalp isn’t what she is talking about.  Hair has to be lightened to soften the wrinkles and then highlighted to frame my face or something like that. It may just be a ploy to get more money out of me. Now I look in the mirror and see those gray roots and have to make my appointments closer together. Hence, more money again. 
Then there is the whole Botox, Restylante, chicken fat injection thing.
Haven't resorted to that yet but not saying I won't. 
  
I had to buy going out, club appropriate clothes because pretty much all I had was professional, conservative clothes or slutty, trampy stuff I wore for my late husband behind closed doors. Because of the lower cut tops I had to buy new bras to pull those sinking tata’s up so I actually showed some cleavage. You have to have matching underwear for the bras. That is about $100 a set. Whew! Clothing budget went up.
I could save some money by not eating so much and not drinking so much wine but then that wouldn’t be any fun. I have great friends and I love sharing good food, good wine and good times with them. If it has added a few pounds I will remind myself I look better than some of the age 35 and under women I see. The other thing that I know for certain, without a reminder, is how precious those friends are and they love me even with the fluffiness. That doesn’t cost a thing and it is priceless! Here is to you my friends, let's eat more, drink more and laugh more.
Two things I know for certain, things change and I will be happy. ~ed brooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.