Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions?

Why do we wait for the beginning of a new year to make resolutions?

Why should we wait until 12/31 or 1/1 to make “resolutions” that we probably won’t keep anyway.
I choose to make a resolution each day when I get up.
The main resolution is to just be the best person I can to the people who are important to me that day. That person may be an old friend or someone I don’t even know yet. That isn't always easy and I do forget sometimes. I have a constant resolution to remain healthy which means weight in check , healthy eating and fitness which is a continuing battle. Broken down to a day at a time though it is more manageable.

I do believe however we should all have long term goals of some sort but those have to be adjusted on a daily basis depending on what our life is that day. Sometimes on an hourly basis or even a minute to minute basis.  I know all too well how those long term goals can be changed with the last beat of a heart or any other changes that take place in our day to day living.

It is much easier to keep a “resolution” for one day, just one day at a time, than for a year.

January 1 is just another tomorrow. A tomorrow that becomes today and another opportunity to set that resolution in action. One day at a time that becomes lifetime, no matter how short or long our life is.

Did you make new years resolutions? Do you have a secret to keeping them long term?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.