Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year New Me

I don’t make resolutions but the beginning of each year is a time for me to make some changes. Usually I am content cleaning out closets, cabinets, etc. I will do that this year as usual.

Woke up this morning and just thought to myself, this is my year and I claim it. There are Chinese horoscopes that have the year of the pig or the snake or the whatever animal.

2012 is the Year of Brenda!

My past 3 or 4 years have been most interesting and life changing in just about every major way you can think of in someone’s life. I have survived it and am a stronger person for it.

This is my rock and roll year so in honor of that I made a big change with my hair today. Something entirely different as a symbol for me of it being my year. Not my year as in selfish, my year as in being able to give every single day my very best and that “best” being better than it has been in a long time.

As the Patti LaBelle song says, “I got a new attitude”. That ‘tude is going to be fun and exciting.
Come along with me won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.