Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DON'T LET YOUR CHEERIOS GET SOGGY

 


I was in the middle of a phone conversation with a good friend this week and because we are good friends I continued to eat my morning cereal. I did apologize and say I needed to continue eating because I was starving and sorry for the chewing sound.
He said:

“you don’t want to let your Cheerios get soggy”


I began thinking about that and how my Cheerios were really a metaphor for so many things, especially life.

Every one of those little round things can be compared to moments in your life. There they are floating in a bowl of milk and stand the chance of becoming soggy and eventually disintegrating if you don’t eat them right away. Just like life, you have to take advantage of the moment and enjoy it before it becomes soggy and eventually turn to mush.

It is easy to get distracted by all sorts of things and our cereal (life moments) gets soggy and is no longer enjoyable.

Learn to enjoy the moments in your life and don’t be left with a bowl of soggy Cheerios and regrets for not eating it while it is crunchy and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.