Friday, June 15, 2012

When I Grow Up I Want To Be Betty White


Betty White has become my hero. Well, hero in the sense I want to be like her when I grow up……you know, about 80 years old or so.

She just celebrated her 90th birthday and has not slowed down based on what I have been reading and seeing on TV.

My belief is if you decide at 40, 50, 60 or any age for that matter that you are old, then you are. You may as well be dead now because you are committing suicide on the installment plan. Take a look at Betty White and what she is doing at the young age of 90.  New TV shows (yes plural), talk show interviews, appearances, etc. She is not sitting on her butt being old. In one interview she talked about living in a 2-story house and making several trips up and down the stairs to stay in shape.

She is a comedic actress and that humor comes through constantly. Here are some of my favorite quotes of hers:

"I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves. I don't care whether it's ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or whose ox is being gored. “

"I think older women still have a full life. Maybe the [movie and TV] writers don’t address it these days, but it doesn’t change the fact."

"If one gets lucky I bet they do."-
 In response to Barbara Walters asking her if
88-year-olds still have sex.

"You gotta use everything you possibly can!"-
On the slit in her dress when accepting the
SAG's Lifetime Achievement Award.

 I want to be 90 years young and fully living my life. I will be having great parties with young men, you know about 70, flirting with them, dancing, drinking and carrying on in inappropriate ways. You can get away with a whole lot at 90 that you couldn’t previously in your life so I am looking forward to it.

I hope you continue going along on this journey with me and I will invite you to all the cool parties I am going to have when I get a bit younger. Thanks Betty for being such an inspiration!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know if you have a comment or helpful advice.